It’s almost time for the baby shower! Do you have everything you need to pull off a great event? Use our official check list to cross-off important items from your to-do list before the big day! It will help eliminate unnecessary and added stress as well as save you time so that you can focus on more important things.
We’ve arranged our list into a timeline, so that’s easier and less stressful to follow:
8 to 10 Weeks before the Shower:
- The Party Host – Will there be just one host, or a group of co-hosts?
- Location – You’ll want to decide on a location after you know how many people you’re inviting. Also, if you’re planning an outdoor event, don’t forget to have a Plan B in case unruly weather strikes!
- Budget – Set a budget prior to planning! If you’re working with a group of co-hosts, determine what and how much everyone will contribute.
- Pick a Date – If you’re planning to host an event at a public place, call first to see which dates are available. Also, don’t forget to double check the proposed date with the mom and dad-to-be as well as the grandparents. It’s best to plan to have a baby shower a month to two months before the due date.
- Guest List – Decide if you’re inviting females only or if it’s a co-ed event. If you’re not planning a surprise event, run the guest list by the parents-to-be, this will ensure that no one is left off the list!
6 to 8 Weeks before the Shower:
- Pick a Theme – A theme isn’t necessary, but it’s highly recommended for an extra special event! Make sure to keep the mom-to-be’s personality and taste in mind. If the baby shower is not a surprise, just ask her!
- Send Invitations – Whether you’re sending invitations via snail mail or e-mail, don’t forget to include an RSVP date and number as well as directions or map to the party!
- Buy Decorations – Baby shower decorating is easier when you shop online! You’ll want to order everything early so that it can ship in plenty of time. If you’re running out of time, you can also shop at a local supply store, but you might be limited to what you can find. Don’t forget banners, cake decorations, tableware, shower activities, balloons and other key décor items for your theme.
- Menu Planning – If you’re hosting a casual event, plan a menu of light h’ourderves and desserts. The menu will also need to be planned around the time of the day, if you’re hosting a baby shower mid-morning, plan for a brunch!
4 to 6 Weeks before the Shower:
- Check with Non-RSVP’s – It’s important to make sure you have enough food for everyone in attendance, but you don’t want anything to go to waste either! If you’re missing RSVP’s, call and ask if they’re planning to attend the shower.
- Order the Cake, Flowers, etc. – Visit a local baker or grocery store to place your cake order so that they have plenty of time to plan ahead. This is also the time to order flowers from your local florist to ensure they have the stems you want when you need them.
- Gather Game Necessities – Collect everything needed for games and activities in advance so that nothing is missing the day of. You’ll want to do this after your RSVP list is finalized.
The Week before the Shower:
- Designate a Photographer – If you’re not planning to hire a photographer, ask someone attending to take pictures of the event. You’ll want to pick someone well adept at using a camera.
- Clean, Clean, Clean – This is only applicable if you’re planning to host the event at home. Please, thoroughly clean your home, especially the bathrooms!
- Last Minute Shopping – Double check in advance of the party to see if you’re missing anything at all for the party (Non- perishable ingredients, thank you cards, game supplies, decorations, etc.).
Two to Three Days Before:
- Grocery Shop for Perishable Foods
One to Two Days Before:
- Last Minute Cleaning Touch-Ups
- Clear Space for the Party – Now is the time to rearrange furniture and set-up tables and chairs for the event. This is also a great time to decorate for the party or you can leave decorating to the night before the event.
The Day of the Shower:
- Pick up the Cake
- Relax and have fun!